Senior Consultant, IBM Cognos TM1 (Position: 451)
Profisee TM1 Consultants leverage general business skills and industry-specific skills in combination with strong technical capabilities in Cognos TM1 and arcplan dynaSight to implement dimensional-based business intelligence applications for financial reporting, consolidation, planning and forecasting. Additionally the same technologies are used for operational planning and forecasting. TM1 consulting solutions delivery includes all phases of analysis, design, implementation and production support. Solutions include deployment and integration of TM1 software, third party software such as Windows, SQL Server, SAP, Oracle Financials, other ERP systems, and customized integration with any client proprietary applications. Absolutely key is the blend of hard-core proven TM1 and arcplan dynaSight technical skills combined with accounting and finance knowledge.
Responsibilities and Job Description
TM1 Senior Consultants design financial management and planning solutions for Profisee customers and ensure delivery of the ultimate solution. Activities include analysis of business requirements for the financial applications, analysis of accounting and financial ERP modules, documentation of financial requirements, design of logical and physical TM1 cubes/models—dimensional structures, business rules and in-flow and out-flow integration with external systems. Integration includes, but is not limited to, operational systems, general ledgers, ERP systems, CRM systems, and BPM systems.
Typical engagements include the integration with both operational and analytic solutions (often financial reporting applications or operational analytic packages) utilizing TM1, other 3rd party OLAP tools and arcplan dynaSight front-end application tools. The senior TM1 consultant oversees day-to-day project management while contributing to the overall work product extensively and managing consultants on larger engagements.
Projects span a variety of industries, business processes, software technologies, and working environments. The successful candidate thrives on leveraging this experience to deliver excellent solutions to each successive customer. It is key candidates have strong retail, banking and manufacturing experience in the use of TM1.
The Ideal candidate is an experienced consultant with 10 years of proven onsite project experience in TM1, specifically in versions 7, 8 or 9 of the Applix TM1 product. Should have strong self-direct and project management skills along with strong analytic and technical skills, including SQL, OS configuration, memory optimization for TM1 and IS configuration for arcplan dynaSight. The individual should have experience in several ledger or ERP packages, experience with an ETL tool, and a high degree of competency configuring and optimizing TM1 server environments. At least one additional multidimensional OLAP tool is desired but not necessary. A successful candidate will have excellent verbal skills, interpersonal skills and account management experience.
Ideal job location is Atlanta, GA. Alternatively, candidates can be based elsewhere in North America providing 100% travel is accepted with position.
- Undergraduate degree in business or software engineering discipline
- 10 years of business experience with combined business/technical role
- Proven project management skills: self-directed and team management
- Proven account management skills, preferably with TM1 projects
- Consulting experience of at least 10 years with TM1
- Absolute minimum of 5 years of arcplan dynaSight development
- ETL experience with Turbo Integrator essential (Informatica, Ascential, DTS a plus)
- Experience with at least 1 ERP package (PeopleSoft or SAP desired)
- Data warehouse experience, or experience with at least 1 multidimensional OLAP tool (Microsoft Analysis Services, Hyperion, Cognos, Outlooksoft)
- Solid general understanding of technology, especially memory-based versus disk-based OLAP technology
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Ability and desire to travel up to 100% with position for at least the next 5 years
- Masters Degree in business or IT
- Demonstrable success on 20 or more TM1 projects in the last 5 or more years
Profisee is a North American provider of superior consulting services for the implementation of operational analytics, financial analytics and performance management. Profisee headquarters are located in Atlanta, GA.
Born in 2007 out of the acquisition of Stratature by Microsoft Corporation, the management team is highly experienced in services and software. Profisee is well capitalized for extensive growth without the need for venture capital.
Profisee offers excellent benefits including competitive salaries, innovative incentive compensation, excellent vacations, a 401K with match, and excellent healthcare for you and your family.
To apply, please send your resume to careers (at) profisee.com. Please reference Position 451 in the subject line of your email. We thank you for your application.