Senior Consultant, Cognos Office of Finance (Position 450)
Cognos Office of Finance consultants leverage general accounting, finance and business skills from one or more industries in combination with strong technical capabilities in two or more Cognos products utilized within Finance. Cognos Office of Finance consulting solution delivery includes all phases of analysis, design, implementation and production support. Solutions include deployment and integration of Cognos Planning, Cognos Controller and pre-Version 8 Cognos Finance software, third party software such as Windows, SQL Server, SAP, Oracle Financials, other ERP systems, and customized integration with any client proprietary applications. Absolutely key is the blend of hard-core proven Cognos product skills used in combination with financial consolidation, budgeting, planning and financial performance management.
Responsibilities and Job Description
Cognos Office of Finance consultants design financial management and planning solutions for Profisee customers and ensure delivery of the ultimate solution. Activities include analysis of business requirements for the financial applications, analysis of accounting and financial ERP or G/L systems, documentation of financial requirements, design of logical and physical Cognos cubes/models, dimensional structures, business rules and in-flow and out-flow integration with external systems. Integration includes but is not limited to operational systems, general ledgers, ERP systems, CRM systems, and BPM systems.
Typical engagements include integration with both operational and analytic solutions (often financial reporting applications or operational analytic packages) utilizing Cognos Planning, Cognos Controller and Applix TM1. The senior consultant oversees day-to-day project management while contributing to the overall work product extensively and managing consultants on larger engagements.
Projects span a variety of industries, business processes, software technologies and working environments. The successful candidate thrives on leveraging this experience to deliver excellent solutions to each successive customer. It is key candidates have strong experience of using Cognos products in at least one of the following industries: retail, retail banking, investment banking, CPG, REITs/Real-Estate/Construction, life sciences or heavy manufacturing.
The ideal candidate is an experienced consultant with 5+ years of proven onsite project experience in multiple Cognos products. Candidates ideally have experience spanning several major versions of the Cognos product line, but must have current, active experience with Cognos 8. Candidates should have strong self-direction and project management with analytic and technical skills including SQL, Server OS configuration and memory optimization for Cognos Planning. The individual will have experience in several Ledger or ERP packages, experience with an ETL tool (DecisionStream or Dimensional ETL preferred) and a high degree of competency configuring and optimizing Cognos applications and web server environments. At least one additional non-Cognos multi-dimensional OLAP tool is desired but not necessary. A successful candidate will have excellent verbal skills, interpersonal skills and account management experience.
Ideal job location is in Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Tampa, Miami or Birmingham. Working from a home office in any other location on the East Coast or South East is acceptable.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or software engineering discipline
- 7+ years of business experience with combined business/technical role
- Proven project management skills: self-directed and team management
- Proven account management skills, preferably with Cognos projects
- Consulting experience for at least 2 or the last 10 years
- 3+ years of Cognos Planning, Cognos Controller or Cognos Finance experience
- ETL experience essential (DecisionStream or Dimensional ETL preferred)
- Basic SQL experience with Oracle or SQL Server for extraction of data
- Experience with at least 1 ERP package (PeopleSoft or SAP desired)
- Experience with scaled Cognos applications: multi-location, multi-server and high user volume
- Experience with complex Cognos applications: modeling, security and read-write processes
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Ability and desire to travel up to 70% with position for at least the next 3 years
- Masters Degree in business or IT
- Demonstrable success on 10 or more Cognos projects in the last 5 or more years
- 2+ additional years of any Cognos product
- Enterprise implementations of Cognos solutions
- Experience with other 3rd party BI solutions: Essbase, TM1, Analysis Services a major plus
- Experience with master data management a major plus
- Experience with EAI technologies a major plus
Profisee is a North American provider of superior consulting services for the implementation of operational analytics, financial analytics and performance management. Profisee headquarters are located in Atlanta, GA.
Born in 2007 out of the acquisition of Stratature by Microsoft Corporation, the management team is highly experienced in services and software. Profisee is well capitalized for extensive growth without the need for venture capital.
Profisee offers excellent benefits including competitive salaries, innovative incentive compensation, excellent vacations, a 401K with match, and excellent healthcare for you and your family.
To apply, please send your resume to careers (at) profisee.com. Please reference Position 450 in the subject line of your email. We thank you for your application.