Senior Consultant, Cognos Performance Management (Position 449)
Cognos Performance Management Consultants leverage IT skills in business intelligence and extensive Cognos experience with the full range of the Cognos 8 Business Intelligence suite. Cognos BI solutions delivery includes all phases of analysis, design, implementation and production support. Solutions include deployment and integration of Cognos 8 BI including reporting, analysis, dashboarding, and scorecarding with third party software such as SAP, Oracle Financials, other ERP systems, and customized integration with a variety of client proprietary applications. Absolutely key is the blend of hard-core proven Cognos product skills used in combination with a range of technologies and in conjunction with client IT teams.
Responsibilities and Job Description
Cognos Performance Management Consultants design financial management and planning solutions for Profisee customers and ensure delivery of the ultimate solution. Activities include analysis of business requirements for a wide range of performance management applications, design of logical and physical Cognos application schemas, Cognos or relational cubes and models, dimensional structures, business rules and in-flow and out-flow integration with external systems. Integration includes but is not limited to operational systems, general ledgers, ERP systems, CRM systems, and BPM systems.
The ideal candidate is an experienced consultant with 5+ years of proven onsite project experience in multiple Cognos products including earlier versions of ReportNet, Performance Apps, PowerPlay, DecisionStream, etc.
Candidates ideally have experience spanning several major versions of the Cognos product line, but must have current, active experience with Cognos 8. Candidates should have strong self-direction and project management with analytic and technical skills including SQL, Server OS configuration, and memory optimization for Cognos Planning. A successful candidate will have excellent verbal skills, interpersonal skills and account management experience.
Ideal job location is in Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Tampa, Miami or Birmingham. Working from a home office in any other location on the East Coast or South East is acceptable.
- Undergraduate degree in information systems
- 5+ years of experience with the Cognos suite (all versions included)
- Proven project management skills: self-directed and team management
- Consulting experience for at least 2 or the last 10 years
- ETL experience essential (DecisionStream or Dimensional ETL preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced SQL/RDBMS experience for ETL and datamart schemas
- Experience with scaled Cognos applications: multi-location, multi-server and high user volume, preferably demonstrating Cognos Center of Excellence experience
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Ability and desire to travel up to 70% with position for at least the next 3 years
- Masters Degree
- Demonstrable success on 10 or more Cognos projects in the last 5 or more years
- 2+ additional years of any Cognos product
- Enterprise implementations of Cognos solutions
- Experience with other 3rd party BI solutions: Essbase, TM1, Analysis Services a major plus
- Experience with master data management a major plus
- Experience with EAI technologies a major plus
Profisee is a North American provider of superior consulting services for the implementation of operational analytics, financial analytics and performance management. Profisee headquarters are located in Atlanta, GA.
Born in 2007 out of the acquisition of Stratature by Microsoft Corporation, the management team is highly experienced in services and software. Profisee is well capitalized for extensive growth without the need for venture capital.
Profisee offers excellent benefits including competitive salaries, innovative incentive compensation, excellent vacations, a 401K with match, and excellent healthcare for you and your family.
To apply, please send your resume to careers (at) profisee.com. Please reference Position 449 in the subject line of your email. We thank you for your application.